Safe Holiday Travel Tips
Travel tips to keep your family safe this holiday season in Fullerton, California
During this exciting holiday season, there’s a good chance you’ll be hitting the open road sooner than later. Before you begin your journey, make sure your vehicle is ready too.
Here are a few useful tips:
- Check your tire pressure. Treat your tires with care since they’re the only part of your vehicles that make contact with the road. Making sure tire pressure is optimal is key to avoiding blowouts.
- Make sure oil change isn’t needed. Routinely changing the oil improves vehicle and engine longevity and saves you money in the long run.
- Keep a clean air filter. A dirty air filter can make it harder to accelerate and can cause a reduction in fuel efficiency.
- Keep extra phone chargers in the vehicle. There’s nothing worse than a low cell phone battery, especially in the case of an emergency.
- Check the weather forecast and road conditions and prepare accordingly. Don’t get caught off guard by adverse weather or heavy road traffic and/or construction.
- Have emergency equipment on-board just in case. Prepare for the worst by having a tire jack, blanket, booster cables, flashlight and non-perishable food in the vehicle.
- Minimize night travel as much as possible. Even though there’s less traffic at night, there are also more impaired drivers as well. If night driving, be extra cautious.
Reduce risk and avoid potential car trouble by stopping by our Service Center before your long journey begins. Our professionally-trained service staff will give your vehicle a Free Multi-Point Inspection (no appointment needed!) and make sure that everything’s running smoothly.
Easily schedule a service appointment today and get the peace of mind that you’ll make it over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house without needing to call a tow truck.
Happy Holidays and safe travels!